Aloha Maui Nui-
The 350.org movement is growing within the Hawaiian Islands. We have a new Maui Nui (Maui, Molokai, Lanai) group forming and we are seeking help from climate defenders who want to make a change at the local level. Whether you have just a little time, a lot of time, or your available time varies, we need your support.
Here are some of the activities that we need support with:
- Providing testimony (in person, email, or video) on County resolutions supporting renewable energy and climate change mitigation, resilience, and sustainability.
- Organizing and advertising quarterly 350.Hawaii Maui Nui meetings
- Writers/bloggers to post Maui Nui updates related to climate change mitigation/resiliency and renewable energy on this site.
- Social media proselytizers – to get the word out via social media channels – FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc..
- Folks who can watchdog the Maui County planning department/commission to make sure all Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) are included in ALL new developments and make sure that Sea Level Rise (SLR) is included in all EISs.
- Folks to attend County Council meetings live or via Akaku and keep the group appraised of any climate change related activities.
- Partner group coordinator – contact partner groups such as Maui Tomorrow, Sierra Club, Malama Maui Nui, etc. to work together on initiatives and team up for environmental activities.
- 350Hawaii.org coordinators in all corners of Maui Nui – Molokai, Lanai, Hana, Central Valley, West Maui/Lahaina, West Maui/Waihee, South Maui, and other remote areas needing representation.
- 350Hawaii Maui Nui Leadership Council – attend all-island bi-weekly meetings, 350.org webinars, vote on Maui project priorities.
The time is NOW. Be a part of the solution and part of building a better Maui County through these efforts. If you are interested, please contact Rita Ryan at ritaryan@350Hawaii.org or text to 250.5030.
Mahalo Nui Loa!
Rita Ryan & Ananda Stone
350Hawaii.org Maui Nui Leadership Coordinators